terms and conditions
- I HEREBY AUTHORIZE WITHHOLDING TAX REFUND CONSULTANTS, LLC (WTRC-LLC), as my exclusive agent, to process my application promptly for a refund of the withholding tax applicable to the sale of property with the Internal Revenue Service/Department of the Treasury for a refund of any overpayment of withholding tax. I authorize the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of the Treasury and/or its agents to communicate directly with WTRC-LLC in all matters relating to this application. I hereby agree to execute any applicable power of attorney forms that may be necessary to accomplish this result.I hereby agree to be truthful and honest with WTRC-LLC and provide all pertinent and applicable information relating to the property, its basis, and property ownership without limitation.
- ELIGIBILITY: The following categories are parties that may sign this agreement. 1. A non U.S. person named in the closing documents for the sale of property to which a withholding tax was applicable is the named property owner; or 2. That person’s authorized agent; or 3. A person contracted to sell the property for the non US person; or 4. The estate of a deceased non US property owner, is eligible under law to receive a withholding tax refund of any overpayment. 5. The owner of the property is not a United States person and is either a foreign entity or a foreign national who does not possess or has not applied for a green card or a United States passport. If you are in one of these categories you may sign this agreement. If you are not in one of these categories, please do not sign this agreement as we may not be able to assist you.
- SERVICE TO BE PERFORMED: Note that you are not required by law to use a tax reduction service in order to file and/or receive a refund of a withholding tax payment. By signing this agreement, however, you are requesting WTRC-LLC (not affiliated with any governmental agency) to prepare and file your tax forms for review by the Internal Revenue Service, to represent you at any proceeding which includes the preparation and filing of the 1040NR form/ U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return or the 1120F form/ U.S. Income Tax Return of a Foreign Corporation, the preparation and presentation of all relevant information and to physically appear on your behalf at settlement conferences and all court hearings as necessary. WTRC-LLC will prepare and file forms required by any governmental agency for the issuance of a possible refund check, minus our fees and the balance will be forwarded to you within 30 days from our receipt.
- NOTIFICATION OF TAX REFUND: WTRC-LLC will make every reasonable effort to communicate the terms of any refund and I fully authorize WTRC-LLC to negotiate for any refund for me.
- FEE FOR SERVICE: WTRC-LLC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE IF THERE IS NO REFUND. If successful, I agree that WTRC-LLC may deduct its fee equal to 33 1/3 % plus costs, and will pay the balance within 30 days of receipt.
- CANCELLATION: At any time within three (3) days after receiving notice of WTRC-LLC’s acceptance of entering into this contract, I have the complete right to cancel this agreement in writing to WTRC-LLC.
- RIGHT TO SUBCONTRACT: WTRC-LLC has the right to subcontract any of these services to a licensed preparer with a preparer tax identification number and may work in connection with a tax law firm to secure a refund for you.